At St Martin's, we actively promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
In order to deliver understanding and awareness of these values, we ensure that principles are actively promoted which -
- Enable pupils to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- Enable pupils to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- Encourage pupils to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative and understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living around them
- Enable pupils to acquire a broad general knowledge and respect for public institutions and services in England
- Enabling pupils to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures
- Encourage respect for other people
- Encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic process
Children this week have been taking part in activities for Anti-Bullying Week. This year the theme is 'All Different, All Equal'. As part of this week, children came to school wearing odd socks to celebrate and respect the differences between us all. They also took part in a competition to think about ways in which they are unique and demonstrate this through their work.